Entropia Raider 1.0 Development Log

Place for discussion & suggestions about the future development of Entropia Raider.
Croser
Owner
Owner

Entropia Raider 1.0 Development Log

Post#1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Let's see..

First things first, here's a quick screenshot of the OCR finally in action. Boy was that a pain in the ass..

Alright, next to each of the title is a (very) rough completion percentage.

Layout 60%
I'll probably stick with this single-window-assload-of-tabs layout.

OCR 75%
Not sure about having the OCR as a separate app., while it does somewhat speed up the bot app, it seems unnecessary.
I've also switched to tessnet2 libraries for convenience.

API 25%
Progress on the API is painfully slow, it's boring as hell.

Compiler 100%
Ported from the old version, no changes planned.

Game Overlay ?%
Simple overlay, showing user defined OCR rects and whatnot.

Patreon preview link: https://www.patreon.com/preview/365156cf06e845c9aee9f8a7ce9f8466

I'll be updating this post regularly.

//Update 2017-06-23 19:05:53
Ditched the server app, added direction recognition aid (DRA). The direction detection is dead on, but slowing down the bot considerably. The Tessnet2 library puts quite a load on the CPU, as do all OCR libraries, but combined with the DRA algorithm it's eating my i5 4210H alive, CPU usage doesn't go below 90% with the bot+game running.

//Update 2017-06-23 23:56:10
Navigation 95%
Finished implementing the navigation system, this includes loading/saving profiles, waypoint calculation algorithm, character control etc.

It seems that Tessnet 2 libraries will not work for the purposes of this bot, it's just way too slow and resource intensive. I'll probably have to switch to Emgu CV, their libraries are way faster, but the license is around $200.

Just passed the 2,000 lines mark on the main module.

//Update 2017-06-25 13:37:01
Switched to EMGU for testing. Everything checks out except the OCR still not being fast enough for direction detection.

The best course of action would be to rewrite the memory reader module and have these values pulled straight form the memory.
I'll probably release the half-assed version sometime this week to get more performance info.
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Return to “Development”